Okay! This is a first for me. I was tagged on this really cute MEME and I am passing it on to whoever would like to participate.
So you just have to do it and post it, okay? I think that's the way it works.... :-)
1 ) Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate
2) Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps them
3) Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored lights on tree, icicle lights on the front of the house
4) Do you hang mistletoe? no...I have a fake ball of it but it's not up this year
5) When do you put your decorations up? A couple days after Thanksgiving, usually
6) What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Pineapple stuffing (goes great with ham)
7) Favorite holiday memory as a child? All the presents!!!
8) When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly don't remember. I'm pretty sure I was 7 or 8. I found out and then my little sister found our shortly after...I think she found out from the bus???
9) Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We get together with my Dad's brother's and sister, my cousins, and their families...there are 30 or more people. We do a polyanna gift exchange.
10) How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Color lights and mostly primitive looking ornaments.
11) Snow! Love it or dread it? Love to look at it...hate to be out in it.
12) Can you ice skate? yes...but it hurts my ankles....
13) Do you remember your favorite gift? As a child, I had so many. I think what sticks out most in my head is the Barbie Van and also my Cabbage Patch Kid.
14) What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family and giving to others.
15) What is your favorite holiday dessert? Oma's apple and pumpkin pies.
16) What is your favorite holiday tradition? We cut down our tree every year. It's fun taking the kids out to a tree farm and cut down the tree. Love to get hot cocoa and cookies afterward.
17) What tops your Christmas tree? An old-fashioned looking Santa.
18) Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving. I love to make people smile.
19) What is your favorite Christmas song? Little Drummer Boy!
20) Candy Canes? Yuck or Yum? I like the Fruit Flavored ones...don't care much for the peppermint ones.
21) What do you want for Christmas? Healthy children.
22) Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Usually go to a German Club Christmas party and to a friend's annual party. We also get together with some neighbors every year.
23) Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJ's? neither. just regular clothes, I'm afraid. We dress up on Christmas Eve.
24) Do you own a Santa hat? Yes, but it's still in a box with all our unused Christmas decorations.
25) Who do you normally spend Christmas with? Our extended families and lots of friends
We went and picked out our Christmas tree today. In the past we have stayed fairly close to home in search of the perfect tree. The past 2 years we have wound up picking a pre-cut tree because of the lack of suitable trees. A friend, who went for their family tree yesterday suggested that we go to Sheerlund Forests. I saw her pictures on facebook and thought that this place looked amazing. It was about 30 minutes drive from our house and boy was it well worth it. There were acres upon acres of trees to choose from. They took you out on a wagon and dropped you off in different areas. We were in search of a Blue Spruce and that was the farthest drop off location. It was so cold and windy on top of the hill, but the kids had a blast looking for the perfect tree. Brennon chose our, and although it's not as tall and round as we normally get...it is perfect for our house and the corner we put the tree in. After we cut down the tree, we went and got cookies and hot apple cider. Noah sat on Santa's lap (with Daddy) and Brennon didn't want to sit with them (I think he was a little scared). When we got in the car I asked him why he didn't sit with Santa and he replied, "That wasn't the real one anyway!!!" There was also a huge ornament barn and I was so temped to get more ornaments to put on the presents I wrap for others, but I refrained. Anyway, hope you enjoy our pictures of our tree shopping adventure.
Well, I came up with the idea to make grandmother necklaces for our Moms for Christmas presents. I can write about it here since neither of them read my blog. I am just wondering what everyone out there thinks of this necklace. The birthstones of the grandchildren dangle from the heart. If you help me out, there's something in it for you. Just leave me a comment about this necklace (be nice, but a critical eye is needed). Let me know by 12/8 at midnight (EST) and I will pick a winner for a special something to brighten your holidays :) Does this peak your interest???