Friday, July 23, 2010

A Child's Paradise....



I have had the opportunity to share my talent with others and I am thrilled to share my experience with my readers.  Back in May, I was asked to submit a proposal for several jewelry workshops at Arrowhead Day Camp during the month of July.  I would be working with intermediate and senior campers to create jewelry.  I was nervous and excited at this work opportunity.  I have done a few children's birthday parties, so this couldn't be that different.  I was correct and I've had such a great time with these young ladies and being able to share my passion with them.

With the senior campers we created freshwater pearl and Swarovski Crystal ankle bracelets with a flip flop charm.


With the intermediate campers we worked on a green and pink fire-polished glass bloomin' stretchy bracelet.


Arrowhead Day Camp is located in West Chester, PA and is situated on over 50 acres of rolling countryside--and it's been there since 1956 and run by the same family.  I was totally blown away at all this camp has to offer--you name it, it's there...horseback riding, swimming, boating, a taboggon style waterslide, games, arts and crafts, computers, and much, much more.  They are even putting on a production of Annie this year.

They say that's it's where new experiences are a common daily occurrence; where friendships and memories are endeared; where kids can learn, grow and enjoy to the maximum their talents and abilities. And I truly believe that I would be hard-pressed to find a child who wouldn't have the time of their life at this place.

I am so glad that they let me into their Arrowhead family for a brief period of time and I thank the owners Ellen and Howie Gilbert for such a wonderful camp experience.  I had a blast and I think I will keep these memories close to my heart for a long time.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!



2 comments:

Shelley said...

Nice work, Carrie! I'm glad you had such a wonderful opportunity to do something you love. :)

Beth Reed said...

Fabulous pieces, and what a great experience it must have been for the campers. :) I am a new follower from MBC and would love for you to stop by my blog sometime - http://www.createyourtraditions.com. :)

Followers