Sunday, August 15, 2010

Looking Forward To Fall/Winter....

I know that it's only August, but now is the time that I am starting to think about the cooler weather months.  I love Fall especially.  The gold, rust, and copper colors are really beautiful and I love watching the leave change their colors, going to pick pumpkins, and decorate my house for Halloween and Thanksgiving.  I also start to think about what colors are going to be upcoming designer trends; the colors that YOU will start to see in the department stores, fashion, and runway magazines.  Consumers will want to start to look for jewelry and accessories that will coordinate with the new lines of clothing.  So in order to help you out, I will do all the dirty work for you.  I will keep up to date on what colors you will start to see and design jewelry accordingly.  For the Fall/Winter months a few colors start to stand out in my mind: Tandoori Masala, Calendula, California Buckwheat, Calypso, Indian Ruby, and Cast Bronze.

Here are a few pieces of jewelry that I created that incorporate a few of these colors:

This double-stranded necklace is created using goldstone ovals and turquoise (california buckwheat and calypso) & also amber heishi beads (tandori masala).  Just a little fact about amber....it's actually created from fossilized tree sap.  This necklace is highlighted nicely with copper clasp and focal bead.

This is another favorite creation of mine.  Crab fire agate ovals are paired with turquoise rounds (indian ruby and calypso).  There are also some fire polished black glass beads along with some silver plated spacers to add some interest.  The sterling silver round pendant is so much fun for the upcoming months.

Both of these great necklaces, along with some of my other creations are available for sale on my etsy shoppe.  Please don't hesitate to contact me about any of your special needs or if you would like me to create a custom, one-of-a-kind necklace for you or for a loved one.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Followers