Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Scenes of Summer

Wow, I can't believe Summertime is quickly approaching.  For me, this means having BOTH children at home and not in school, occupying our days with pools and bike riding; it means warm weather and blue skies with the occasional quick thunderstorm; it means vacations and ice cream and just old fashioned family fun.

One of the traditions in our family is to spend a week or two at the beach each summer.  It's tranquil and a change of pace for us.  There's not much to do besides play in the sand, swim in the ocean and pool, go for long bike rides, and get ice cream treats after dinner time.

That's why when Artbeads asked me to focus on creating something with a Summer theme, I was excited with anticipation for all the fun I could have with their vast selection of pendants and glass beads and how they could relate to what I think summer means.  Ultimately, I chose this amazing stoneware pendant and paired it with some mint alabaster and blue iris fire polished glass and some
topaz porphyr fire polished glass beads.  There are also some turquoise roundelles and sterling silver findings in this piece.  All the colors in these beads and pendant remind me of the summers we spend at the beach and brings a smile to my face.  I hope this creation brings joy to you too.

If you live in the area, this piece is currently on consignment at Kaleidoscope Angels.



Disclosure: I participate in Blogging for Beaders with Artbeads.com and have received the products free of charge from them. I am honestly reviewing the products and have not been paid for my endorsement as it pertains to the products received.

No comments:

Followers