Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Etsybloggers Blog Carnival: What are your favorite scary movies???

The topic for discussion for this half of the month is "What are your top 3 horror movies and why do they scare you???"

Let me say that a horror movie is not on the top of my list to watch. Not because they scare me but because I find most of them gruesome with needless violence. I'm not into the Friday the Thirteenth movies or any in that type of genre. I prefer the scary movies that seem more "realistic" to me. So, I would have to say my top two are:

1) Blaire Witch Project
2) The Shining

I think these movies provoke real fear in a real world setting. The deaths are left more up to the imagination and scare the crap out of me.

The third movie that I would have to say scares me is "Dracula." When I was little and by little I want to say 12 or 13, I watched a version of Dracula called "Blackula" with the vampire being a black male. I watched it at my grandmother's house and for some reason I was too afraid to sleep alone for the next few weeks. I remember pulling a mattress into my little sister's room and sleeping on her floor (like she would be able to protect me....HA!).

So, what are your favorite scary movies?

Happy Halloween! and Happy Hauntings!

No comments:

Followers